Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Smell of An Italian Kitchen or at least a good restaurant.

Well, I know that computers have come a long way in the past 20 years but I wish that they could figure out how to send a smell through the computer. Today's drill has been Classic Ragu Bolognese. The simple act of sauteing onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil is one of those magic things that happen in the kitchen. Enough to make the mouth start watering and thoughts of a really, really great Italian Gravy come to mind. This is a recipe that is out of the current May edition of Bon Appetit - now my favorite since Gourmet is no longer with us (moment of silence). For such a basic recipe the complexity of flavors is absolutely amazing. I really wish that we could get a real baguette  here but the secondary attempt from Publix will have to work. We actually had a family sit down dinner tonight (all three of us) which is quite rare as you guys with young children know. Amazingly enough I love it when I actually create a dish that Gage loves or at least will eat.



I am going to make this Sunday nights blog pretty short. I will we your appetite with a shot of the Chile -Braised Port Shoulder Taco's for tomorrow night. I will keep sharing with everyone and always remember that our House/Kitchen are always open for guests and we would love you see/feed you.



Also, Keep an eye out for this coming up weekends Easter Sunday Menu as we are going back to the Irish roots of my wife and going with a Leg Of Lamb from Fresh Market. I will share that experience with you once it happens on Thursday.

Have a great week and remember that your Kitchen is your friend.

Patrick

1 comment:

  1. Pat,

    I really enjoyed reading your posts, although now I'm hungry again!! lol Look forward to reading your future blogs. I find blogging to be theraputic,as well as entertaining.

    Keep up the good work!

    Amanda

    if you care to view my blog, readamandasblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete