Friday, August 26, 2011

Unemployment and Idle Hands

Well, not that I am saying anything that everybody else doesn't know but the economy is in the crapper and our runaway government is making everything worse and as much as I would like to write a political blog I  think I would end up even angrier than I normally am about the state of the world. Instead I have chosen to keep my blog more whimsical and geared more towards my passion of cooking and especially eating.

As luck would have it my contract with my company ended a week ago and I have yet to have found gainful employment  but I guess that is OK as it has allowed me to get back into the Kitchen and taking my mind off of my woes! OK so I have a Sugar Momma who has actually been married to me for almost 12 years now so there is no worry of getting kicked to the curb at the moment. plus I cook, do the laundry, ironing and run most of the errands so I guess I have become a househusband. Just don't expect to see me in any french maid outfit as I just don't have the legs for it.

This will probably be one of quite a few blogs as I need to get everyone caught up on how I have been eating Tampa and abroad. I was lucky enough to join Katie in Napa and we had a fabulous time with plenty of food and a whole lot of wine. We have visited a few new places around Tampa but most of all We have both been in the Kitchen and experimented with a bunch of new things.

Last week Katie actually made Brioche and we were totally sinful and had a brioche/bananna panini which was to die for. Well I have been back in today and hopefully this will be one of many to get everyone on the same wavelength as I am.  I know some of you feel that cooking is a chore, and sometimes I feel the same way, but to create something that takes your imagination and creativity even if it from a cookbook a sense of accomplishment comes over me and there is nothing better than seeing a smile on someones face when they eat something you have cooked. I truly think that I missed my calling but 5 knee surgeries later and I am and always will be a home cook at Che Knight.

I am going to be doing some traveling that hopefully will keep everyone glued to my every post as I am going to get to do something really cool next month and yes it involves cooking and TV but I can't share yet but I will keep you posted. Watch for some new posts with pictures of Today's cooking as well as some oldies from a few weeks

So stay tuned as I have a lot to share and I haven't given up on the political blog either but I haven't found a conducive way to connect the two as I don't know if "Right Wing Cooking" or "TeaParty Time" have the same flair as "I Ate Tampa".

Cheers and stay tuned.

Chef Patrick


No comments:

Post a Comment